Thursday, May 3, 2007

Wishful thinking

Who knew that less than a year after I learned to knit, I'd already have a line-up of projects that exceeds my life expectancy?

I treated myself to a little shopping spree at Webs today (could not resist the great deals!) and then spent the rest of the drive home mentally tallying all of my planned projects -- for which I have the yarn -- and despairing of my slow knitting pace.

I started as a "process" knitter -- it was something to do while I watched TV, etc. But now I am getting project lust, and want to have finished items.

The wishlist as it exists right now:

  • Mason-Dixon Baby Kimono for a new family member due in July (Blue Sky Organic Cotton)
  • Socks for The Belle (Lorna's Laces Hawaii)
  • Clapotis for me (Brooks Farm Fourplay)
  • Linen stitch scarf (Cider Moon Giddy)
  • Clapotis for mom (Lorna's Laces Lion & Lamb)
  • Top Down Cardigan for me (Debbie Bliss DK Alpaca Silk)
  • Top Down Cardigan #2 for me (Berger du Nord Silk)
  • Lace Shawl for me (Malabrigo Laceweight)
  • Hourglass Sweater (Malabrigo)
  • Ribbed Striped Noro scarf (Noro Silk Garden - 2 colors)
  • Ela's Favorite Hat for Bean (Noro Silver Thaw)
  • Velvet Scarf from Scarf Style (Muench Touch Me)
  • Ela's Favorite Hat for me (Noro Silver Thaw)
  • Lacy hat for me (Louisa Harding Kimono)
  • Cable and lace hat from Runway Knits (Malabrigo chunky)
  • Mittens for me (Malabrigo chunky)
  • My So-Called Scarf (Malabrigo Seleccion Privada)
Notice something missing? SOCKS!! Besides the pair I owe The Belle, there are no socks on the list! Why is that a problem, you ask? Because I have enough sock yarn for 50+ pairs of socks!

hopeless.