Sunday, November 26, 2006

Knitting with burlap in bed

OK, it's not really burlap, it's Lopi. My fingers can't tell the difference -- they are sore and scratchy. And I don't think I've endeared myself to the housekeeping staff at the hotel where I am staying.

I'm working on the Christmas stocking ... 15 rows left before I divide for the heel. Since I have one more stocking, and an Irish Hiking scarf, left to knit before Christmas, I am knitting rather frantically. So when I checked into my hotel room, I was rather disappointed to see that there was no good knitting chair in the room. The desk chair has arms that would make me hunch my shoulders. There is also a bench, but I wouldn't last ten minutes sitting there. So I am relegated to knitting on the bed.

However, the room was also freezing when I first entered. It was 64 degrees F. when I walked through the door. Anyone who knows me can attest that I am not comfortable unless it is at least 70 degrees. So while the room warmed up, I crawled under the covers and began to knit.

Dark green Lopi + white hotel sheets = thousands of tiny dark green fibers littering the bed. It looks like a green dog has shed all over the bed.

Thank goodness there are two beds in the room.