Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Well, one hand will be warm.

First-ever mitten finished!!

Knitting class was very busy last night, with a couple of new knitters needing a lot of the instructor's attention, but I did manage to finish. It's definitely a newbie mitten .. I can see the dpn ladders, and the thumb is a little wonky; the top of the hand is a bit too pointy for my taste as well.

This is for Bean, but it almost fits me ... my fingers hit the edges of the mitten, but it definitely fits width-wise. I did try it on the Bean, though, and she says it fits fine. There is growing room at the top.

This is, alas, only the first mitten of a pair.

Yarn is called 'Stripe' .. I need to dig out the ball band to get the manufacturer's name, as I couldn't find it on Yarndex. It's a worsted weight self-striping yarn, and I really like it except for one issue which you can't see in the photo ... at one point in the strip repeat, there is a small "flash" of dark blue -- maybe 4 stitches worth, but not in a row. It looks like a mistake. In fact, when she tried it on, Bean noticed.