Wednesday, February 7, 2007

All Day I Dream About Socks

Title of this post courtesy of Larry Keller, who in 7th grade informed me what the ADIDAS on my sneakers really stood for .. and no, it wasn't 'Socks'.

So I have truly and irrevocably screwed up my Sock Swap partner's first sock. I know exactly how I did it, but I don't know how to un-do it, short of frogging past the entire heel. Since the heel took me 2 solid knitting evenings (approx. 5 hours) to finish, I just can't do it again. I mean, I can, but then the socks would be delivered in April. I'm hoping that with blocking it won't be quite so bad. I would try to duplicate it on the 2nd sock, but I don't think I will be able to deliberately make the correct mistake. Argh!!

In better news, today's mail brought some knitterly goodies: My first issue of Interweave Knits (which I bought weeks ago, but it was the first in the subscription, I guess). Some Knitpicks dpns (size 0, 1 and 2). And the new book, Favorite Socks, which I love love love. (also something for my downstream secret pal, but I won't post that here).

And I'm still basking in my bargains from Sunday's Super Bowl sale at The Yarn Garden -- 41% off all yarn. I was decadent and decided to indulge in some Meunch Touch Me -- 4 different colors, to be exact, for a total of 13 balls. This will make some lovely Christmas presents for next year, and of course, a scarf for me.