Sunday, February 25, 2007

Planned Lateness due to Stress

I'm heading out for a four-day business trip, and am frantically trying to get everything done before I leave. That means not only packing my clothes, files, work stuff, etc., but also means laying out a week's worth of school clothes, making sure the family has food to eat, etc.

I will also be missing the Bean's birthday on Tuesday. That makes me sad. I trust the rest of the family will be able to make it extra special for her.

There is just not enough time to do everything, so that means some things have to be put off.

Among those:

  • Choosing the winner of my blog comment contest.
I appreciate all of the responses to my question, "what do you like to see in LYS reviews?". I wish that I could figure out how to reply to each one, but blogger doesn't let you email from the comments. To be fair, if any more comments come in after today, they won't be eligible to win the sock yarn. I will do the drawing when I get back on Friday.

  • Finishing my Sock Swap partner's sock on time
I've been knitting like mad, but unless I blow off everything else today and just knit, it's not going to get done by February 28th. Of course this has to be the shortest month of the year, right? I'm driving on my trip, so there will be no airplane knitting. And evenings will mostly be spent working, so I can't even plan on more than a solid hour of night-time knitting. I really hate not making this deadline. And with the Bean's birthday party next Saturday, I can't even count on the weekend. So Meg, I'll have to say ETA will be March 15th at the absolute very latest -- hopefully sooner.

Needless to say, I won't be updating the blog much this week. I hope to have time to squeeze in a visit to one yarn store, and do a bit of knitting ... but mostly, it's all about work.