Saturday, February 17, 2007

Queen of Rationalization

This past week, I visited 3 yarn stores that were new to me. Since I've decided to post thorough yarn store reviews, this was not recreational shopping, but part of the job I've chosen to take on. In order to thoroughly evaluate the staff and customer service aspects of these yarn stores, I was forced to make a purchase at each location.

The damage:

Trekking 100 sock yarn, Louet Gems Opal sock yarn in 2 colorways, Mountain Colors Bearfoot sock yarn in Brick colorway, Addi dpns in size 0 and 1, and a crochet hook case made by Lantern Moon for my sock dpns.

I also was fortunate enough to catch the etsy update for Yarntini:


I didn't notice until tonight that 1/2 of my sock yarn stash is in shades of blues and greens. Oops.

Now I really must get knitting on the swap socks so that I can knit up some of these for me!