Sunday, April 8, 2007

Another photo-free blog post!

The good news: I found my camera.
The bad news: the batteries are dead, and I don't have any more AAs in the house.
So you miss seeing us in our Easter finery.
This year, that was our pajamas.

This is the first Easter since college that we didn't have a meal with extended family. We were invited to my sister-in-law's, but then her kids came down with strep. So we stayed home, baked cookies for my brother's wedding next Saturday, played video games, and just hung out. I did cook a ham for dinner, and of course the girls stuffed themselves with lots of chocolate, so some traditions remained intact.

We did get all dolled up last night, though. The four of us went to Pot Au Feu for a special birthday dinner (mine tomorrow, Studley Knit-right's on Tuesday). The girls were amazingly well-behaved. They've eaten in "fancy" restaurants before, but I was a little concerned about how they'd do with French food. They shared an omelette au trois fromages -- and didn't really care for one of the three cheeses. But they did like the french fries, and loved the Smoked Bluefish Pate appetizer. Of course the hit was the dessert course -- creme brulee, and pot de creme au chocolate.

I haven't done much knitting. I started turning the heel on Yarntini sock #1 tonight, in preparation for our trip to Virginia this weekend. I don't want to try turning the heel while riding in the car, or chatting with relatives at the hotel. So I'm trying to get the 'trickier' parts out of the way. I still have about 3" to do on the leg of sock #2, so I think that will be sufficient car knitting.

In the meantime, I've become obsessed with the Jan dress designed by Wendy Bernard, available at The Garter Belt. I'm trying to figure out what yarn to use. I had never checked out The Garter Belt, thinking that it was patterns for knit lingerie, etc., but I saw this dress on someone else's blog and fell instantly in love. I think it will look adorable on both girls.

I'm off on a business trip tomorrow, but then I promise I will get batteries and photograph my sock!