Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Happy Birthday to Me, again!


That's 3 skeins of Brooks Farm Four Play, in the Wines & Blues colorway. They arrived in the mail yesterday. This yarn is destined to become a clapotis. And yes, I bought it for myself. Studley Knit-right didn't know what to get me, so I took the pressure off and took care of it for him.

Thank you to Elizabeth, Nell, and Jody for the birthday wishes.

Jody wrote:

3 inches of sock to drive all the way to Virginia?? How can that possibly be enough to keep you occupied?


OK, I'm a slow knitter, but not that slow. I guess I wasn't clear. Once I turn the heel on sock #1 (hopefully done by tomorrow), I will have the entire foot (7" or so), plus I will also have 3" of the leg left on sock #2 before I get to that heel. So, 10" of stockinette, plus 2 young kids in the back seat, should keep me occupied the entire ride.

Speaking of the socks:


Aren't they pretty? I just love the yarn (Yarntini 4-8-15-16-23-42).