Friday, April 27, 2007

Quick update, since it's been a week

I've been a bad blogger as of late, I know. I'm about to enter the busy season at work. However, I didn't want to let an entire week go by without a post, so here's a down and dirty update.

In no particular order, here are some things of note:

  • My brother's wedding in Virginia was very, very fun.
  • Driving home in the Nor'easter was not. Thought we were going to float away on the Merritt Parkway -- loads of flooding and cars off the road.
  • I only knit about 2-3 hours of the drive down, and not at all on the way back.
  • Both Yarntini socks are past the gussets. However, they are now on hold, because
  • My grandma (who taught me to knit, sort of) asked for a pair of socks.
  • I'm trying to get those socks done for Mother's Day. I'm using the Waving Lace pattern from the new Favorite Socks books by Interweave. So far, they are the quickest socks I've knit.
  • I'm at the gusset on sock #1. I cast on Friday -- so about a week.
  • I hate knitting the gusset part of a sock. Hate it.
  • Made our room reservations for Rhinebeck! Yay! Making it a family vacation with my knitting buddy and our families.
  • We informed our families that we needed the 1st half of Saturday to shop, unaccompanied by family members. Then we will rejoin them after lunch.
  • Failed to pass up a sale at Chez Casuelle that resulted in the purchase of enough Lorna's Laces Lion & Lamb for a clapotis. This one will be a Christmas present, so that's a deal, right? Total justification.
  • Hating the Pony Pearl dpns right now. Splitting at the tips of 2 needles on the first sock knit with them is NOT right. Haven't decided if I'm going to call customer service (if there is such a thing).
And lastly. My favorite photo from the wedding. The is The Belle, in her Flower Girl dress ...

DSC_5358