Wednesday, April 4, 2007

Where, oh where, has my camera gone?

Oh where, or where can it be?

I'm a bad blogger. Knitter, too. And now an entry with no photos. Shame on me.

I had a week-long business trip, and knit for only 3 hours on the plane. It was difficult to find the motivation to knit in my hotel room when I'd have a glass of wine or two at dinner, or a margarita after hours. On our one free afternoon, I chose a nap over my sock.

The good news is that I have the cuff/leg done on one sock, and half of the leg done on the other. I'm knitting both separately but at the same time on dpns. The yarn is wonderful -- Yarntini in the 4-8-15-16-23-42 colorway. I wish I had my camera! They cheer me up so every time I look at them.

My schedule doesn't appear to be opening up any time soon; lots of travel for work, more travel to attend my brother's wedding ... but I am already planning my next several knitting projects. Is that terrible? Because while I haven't been motivated much to knit lately, I have been motivated to buy yarn. The last few weeks brought me the following:

  • 3 skeins of Vesper Sock yarn
  • 2 skeins of Socks that Rock Lightweight
  • 1 skein of Austerman Step
  • 1 skein of Fiesta Ballet
  • 2 skeins of Malabrigo Laceweight
I also received a fabulous early birthday present from my friend, who got me 3 more skeins of sock yarn (2 Regia, one On-Line) and Knitting on the Road by Nancy Bush.

So yes, there are more socks in my future. I think I have enough sock yarn for 45 pair. At less than one pair per month, well ... you can see where I'm going with that.

But today is The Belle's 5th birthday. So after I cook her specially -requested Birthday meal (breakfast for dinner -- pancakes, eggs and bacon), I will spend tonight putting the pompoms on her scarf -- finally.